Tom and Roz's Map


Monday 7 July 2008

I kissed a glacier for good luck

I had never seen a glacier up close before but this country is teaming with them. Where Khazakstan has lots of oil, Uzbekistan has many old places, Kyrgistan has water in abundance, scenicly aranged around the mountains as ice, lakes and rivers.

We've spent the last two weeks or so tramping. We've stayed with shephards in yurts (smells a bit like the inside of a sheep but is toasty warm), drank fermented horse milk (mildly alcoholic and an aquired taste), attempted to make a poo fire (thats what the locals burn to keep warm but telling a dry poo from a fresh one before you pick it up is a difficult skill to master) and just stared in awe at how beautiful this place is. We are currently back in Bishkek on a visa hunt and recovering.

I have put some photos on here but the map is not working here so cant update it.

In other news by dint of hard work and continued effort my flip flop tan line is coming on a treat. I hope everyone else is being as productive as me back home.

No comments: